PAMCO Hall Effect E-Ignition for the XS650
The PAMCO Hall Effect E-Ignition system is a direct replacement for the points plate and points cam system on a Yamaha XS650. It can also be installed in later models of the XS650 that have a factory TCI system.
The system requires the use of a dual output coil. The stock coil in the TCI equipped models may be retained when installing this system.
Note: Use either resistor spark plugs or 5K resistor spark plug caps.
Technology: Hall effect sensor, IGBT coil driver, MCU E-Advancer
Dwell: Fixed, 60 degrees
Coil primary resistance: 2 to 5 Ohms, dual output.
Operating voltage: 8 to 18 VDC
Operating current: 13 ma
Operating Temperature: -40 to +125C (-40 to 257F)
Spark Advance: Electronic
1 Do not apply power until the installation is complete.
2 Do not apply power unless both spark plugs are connected.
Failure to follow these cautions may damage the system and render it inoperative and void the warranty.
Note: You must ground the black wire to a good frame ground. The ground on the plate is not reliable while setting the timing.
16. Hold the rotor firmly to the right (clockwise) when tightening the nut on the shaft.
17. The new PAMCO E-Ignition takes the place of the original mechanical advancer. Remove the mechanical advancer and slotted disk which is no longer needed. The advance rod is reused.
18. With the trigger rotor attached to the end of the advance rod on the left side of the engine, install the advancer replacement cap on the advance rod on the right side of the engine being careful to ensure that the cam shaft locating pin and the advance rod locating pin are in their respective slots in the advancer replacement cap.
19. Install the washer and nut on the advance rod and tighten to secure the advancer replacement.
20. Remove the access cover to the alternator.
Reinstall the gas tank and proceed as follows to set the timing. A strobe type timing light is required to set the timing.
For additional technical assistance: email@example.com
Additional instructions also available at: www.yamahaxs650.com
Testing Procedure: Click Here